Ironbridge Power Station Cooling Towers

Rather sadly, I think, the cooling towers in Ironbridge, Shropshire have been demolished today. Visitors to The Iron Bridge of Ironbridge, will no doubt be familiar with the sight of the giant chimneys across the Shropshire landscape. The Power Station originally opened in October 1932 to generate electricity, with the iconic pink cooling towers (coloured that way to '“blend into the landscape”!) built in the 1960s.
Below are some photos I took this year and last, with the impressive structures standing tall and proud in Ironbridge Gauge.






All photos of the Cooling Towers in Ironbridge were taken on the Fuji X-H1 with the Fujifilm XF16 - 55mm f/2.8 Lens, processed from RAW with Capture One.
Please visit the rest of my website, www.lukebennettphotos.com for much more content, including further landscape and nature photography from the UK and visit my Print Gallery to buy high quality prints of my UK landscapes.
Also, if you are interested in hiring me as your wedding photographer in Solihull, Birmingham, Coventry, Warwickshire, the Midlands or Beyond, please say hi! Finally, please Help Support This Blog by Buying Photography Equipment on Amazon via this link and following me on social media.

Popular Posts