Winter Photography in Warwickshire

Happy New Year! Well done, everyone, you made it through 2019, you should be proud of yourselves!

To kick off the first post of 2020, now that autumn is firmly behind us, I thought I’d upload some wintery pictures.

The following were actually taken last winter, around the grounds of Charlecote Park, one of my favourite places to spend a few hours mooching around with my camera. I made a point of getting up pretty early that day with the hope of catching a nice frost and some sunrise shots of the deer. Whilst the frost cooperated, the clouds did not, so the lighting wasn’t as spectacular as I’d have liked.

There’s definitely a different feel to photos taken at sunrise, compared to sunset, though. I can’t really put my finger on it, but I guess there’s more a sense of optimism in the air as everything gradually comes to life, light leading the way, the birds chirping their dawn chorus. Sunset can be really nice and peaceful, but there’s more a sense that time is running out (at least for photography endeavours) as the light gradually fades.







All photos of the Warwickshire landscape in winter were taken on the Fuji X-T2 with the Fujifilm XF50 - 140mm F/2.8 lens, processed from RAW with Capture One.

Please visit the rest of my website, www.lukebennettphotos.com for much more content, including further landscape and nature photography from the UK and visit my Print Gallery to buy high quality prints of my UK landscapes.

Also, if you are interested in hiring me as your wedding photographer in Solihull, Birmingham, Coventry, Warwickshire, the Midlands or Beyond, please say hi!

Popular Posts